Sunday, 11 October 2015

I met Dan & Phil!!


I have been watching danisnotonfire and AmazingPhil for a while now... probably around two years, so when they announced earlier this year that they had written a book and were going on tour, I knew I had to go and see them. So £75 and some rash decisions later... I had a VIP ticket for their first show in Glasgow on the 8th of October. Woohoo!

If I'm being honest, I actually kind of forgot that this was really happening up until the day my ticket arrived less than a week before the show. I was a little bit anxious about going by myself but I figured I would meet some people there and I'd be fine!

So on the day, I went into Waterstones, bought their book, and got a bus through to Glasgow (on which there were some extremely loud Polish guys screaming in Polish which was fab). When I arrived in Glasgow I just kind of wandered around by myself for a bit before deciding to join a bunch of girls sitting on the steps outside of the concert hall. I sat down next to two really nice girls and started chatting, before two other girls joined us. I'm really glad I met these girls as it was so much nicer to panic with other people, and they just made the experience so much better.

I started to get really nervous when we were in line for the meet and greet. It just hit me that Dan and Phil were in the same building and I was going to be meeting them. There were about 70 VIPs altogether so there were quite a few of us! We were let into the room where there was free water and popcorn, beanbags, copies of the book, and some nice music playing. 

Around ten or fifteen minutes later... Dan and Phil walked in. They just kind of appeared like "oh hey", and no one screamed or freaked out or anything which was really nice. They stood and chatted for a minute before starting the meet and greet. Everyone queued up and we were quite near the front so we didn't have too long to wait. As I got nearer the front I started getting really nervous. 

What was I going to say to them? Were they signing things? What if I cry? Don't cry!

Then, it was my turn. Right now I can still picture the moment I made eye contact with Phil as he opened his arms for me.. it's quite surreal. Like, they're real people, they're 3D! Phil gave me a hug before passing me over to Dan (sidenote; they're both extremely tall and give really good hugs). They asked how I was, to which I replied "nervous!". They signed my book for me as I just kind of stared at them in awe before Phil asked if we should take a picture. Of course I said yes, but they might have to do it because I'm so short. So Dan took my phone from me, Phil put his arm around me and we took some photos. I'm going to go as far to say that that was probably one of the best moments of my life.


The meet and greet lasted for just over an hour, and it's kind of weird to think that we just chilled out in a room with Dan and Phil for an hour! Anyway, once they left everyone queued up to sign the VIP guestbook:


As we left the room we were handed our VIP goody bags which consisted of a cool tote bag that says "I actually went outside to see Dan and Phil on tour", a flower crown, a little tour wristband, a poster, a postcard and a cool book with some funny illustrations. I was kind of hoping a t-shirt would be in there somewhere, but oh well!


As we walked into the auditorium, 'Breaking Free' from High School Musical was playing and is still stuck in my head right now! I was in the third row, so I had a pretty good view of the stage. I'm not going to write anything about what was in the show, just in case I spoil it for someone going to see it soon. But I will say that it was so creative and funny and I could easily watch it again and again. 
Sidenote - I'm actually going to see it again on Tuesday!

Anyway, to end this ridiculously long post, I just want to say that I'm honestly so proud of these two. I had one of the best days of my life and met some really great people because of them and they just make me so happy.

Thank you, Dan and Phil.



xxx


3 comments:

  1. Aw this looks like a really nice day! So happy you were able to meet some nice people in there (besides Dan and Phil obviously). I'm so happy for you and you're seeing them again, that's great!!
    I'm not going to see them because I'm from Spain but still I hope one day I will meet them and all the other youtubers I love :)
    Have a lovely week!
    Anna x
    http://dropsofanna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I hope you get to meet them one day! Who knows, they might bring the tour to Spain next!!
      Louise xx

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a great day! I hope you had a great time. I live in Australia and am still waiting for them to announce dates for their 2016 tour and hoping I get a chance to meet them too!I was just wondering what website you got your tickets from and how you chose the VIP package?

    Kind regards
    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...