Thursday, 17 March 2016

My Love/Hate Relationship with Blogging

Sometimes I really love blogging. I love taking pretty pictures of pretty things and writing about them. I love getting inspired by other lovely bloggers and being able to suddenly write a blog post in five minutes. 

Then sometimes I really hate blogging. I hate being uninspired and not writing a post for months on end. I hate that I failed Blogmas (twice!), and I hate feeling like my blog is just sitting in its corner of the internet gathering dust.

I feel like a terrible blogger sometimes most of the time. There are times where I just want to sit down and write fifty blog posts about anything and everything, and then there are times where I just don't see the point in writing anything because it doesn't really matter and about a million other bloggers have probably already written about it.

So I've decided (right this second), that I'm going to set myself a goal. A tiny little goal of one blog post per month (at least). I know, that sounds like nothing, but baby steps! I feel like I put a lot of pressure on myself to write like three blog posts a week, and I'm quite a busy person. I work 8 hours a day in an office and when I get home I'm usually exhausted, but anyway I figured that if I start with this little goal I can slowly build up to more once I get back into the swing of things.

I hope that at least a few of you reading this feel the same way about blogging? Or maybe it's just me... But I'd love to know if you've ever felt this way.

Love
xxx

4 comments:

  1. I understand how you feel. I think most of us bloggers go through the same conundrums! Hmmm...while it's true that a lot of people can churn out a blog post in five minutes, I don't find that to be as impressive as being able to write effectively. For example, I admire YOUR writing style; you write as though you are speaking to your readers as a friend. :o)
    ChicAndAlluring.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! And I'm so glad someone else understands how I feel! xx

      Delete
  2. I definitely understand how you feel. I'm a teacher and when it's the school holidays I have time to dress my best and enjoy amazing days out which I want to blog about. But as soon as I am back to work I have 100 other things which seem to take over!!

    http://xxalldolledupxx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to know that I'm not the only one who feels this way! xx

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...